Mary T. Bell has traveled all over North and Central America teaching
others the secrets of food drying. Now, her thirty years of food drying
experience can be yours in Food Drying with an Attitude. It's a book for
everyone who is looking to eat healthier and cheaper, wishing to expand
their dietary horizons, and for those who believe in finding ways to
live a more sustainable lifestyle.
Food Drying with an Attitude by Mary T. Bell encourages readers to use
dried foods all year. Vegetarians, hunters, gardeners, fishermen,
gourmet cooks, and even fast-food enthusiasts will find inspirational
new ways to enjoy their favorite foods.
- Create unique gifts such as: mint leaf candy, homemade paper, vegetable wreaths, soap, homemade candles, and potpourris.
- Make dry fruit and vegetable purées - everything from applesauce to thick liquids such as spaghetti sauce and vegetable soup.
- Prepare lightweight, portable dried foods.
- Treat your pets with homemade goodies.
- Integrate dried foods into cooking and baking to make breakfast, lunch, and dinner tastier and healthier.
- Make jerky, fruit roll-ups, herbs, bread, jelly, and much, much more!
- Learn how food dehydrators work.
"What a glorious book. This is now essential reading for
our entire culinary team at Charlie Trotter's restaurant."
MOVE BEYOND DRIED APRICOTS AND JERKY INTO AN AMAZING
WORLD OF HEALTHY AND DELICIOUS DRIED FOODS
This ultimate food drying resource has something for everyone: vegetarians, natural and raw food enthusiasts, hunters, fishermen, gourmet cooks, gardeners, and hikers. Children will love the yummy fruit roll-ups. Everyone will be thrilled at how easy it is to preserve fruits, vegetables, and herbs without chemicals or preservatives. Animal lovers will enjoy making for dogs, cats, and birds.
With more than thirty years of food drying experiences, author Mary T. Bell offers straightforward and practical instructions for drying everything from apples to zucchini, without ignoring favorites such as jerky, mushrooms, and bananas. Readers will also find innovative and delicious recipes for cooking and baking with dried foods. Food Drying with an Attitude gives readers the recipes, instructions, and inspiration they need to get the most out of their home food dehydrators.
Mary T. Bell has been promoting food drying for over three decades. She is the author of Just Jerky, Jerky People, Mary Bell's Complete Dehydrator Cookbook, and Dehydration Made Simple. She strives to minimize the demands made on our planet and to encourage sustainable living.
Item Weight- 1 lb 6 oz